Wednesday 20 May 2009

Half made up!


Hey guys, I know it has been a while, I have been mad busy….. or perhaps just a tad bit lazy. The last few weeks have been a blast, especially the bank holiday weekend which consisted of raving, dinner, BBQ the fight between Hatton and pac man and catching up with friends old and new.

Work has improved but I still know that there are better things out there; I know that I sound ungrateful as thousands of people are losing their jobs but my thing is that you make your own chances. My aim is that this time next year I will not be sat writing at this very desk as I will be carrying out some of my plans will keep you posted.

I got myself some tickets to see Beyonce at the o2, I can’t wait as I am a big fan and I have no doubt that her concert will be amazing. I paid stupid money for them as ticket master died when I attempted to buy them and the fcukers that managed to snap them are charging Michael Jackson prices to go and see her. Last year the spice girls concert was so much fun, I know you are probably thinking WTF was I doing at a spice girl concert, but what can I say I actually like their whacky music, I was on my feet for all of the night it was just way too much fun! Of the five concerts that I reached last year Mary J Blige was definitely the queen, boy cab she can sing and her songs were moving people differently and she was just so real. The woman puts so much emotion in to each song; she was able to relate each song to a personal experience that she went through. There were not 20 costume changes or mad lighting or even backing dancers like the other shows, she was the sole person on stage but yet her presence filled the arena. I went home that night feeling that I witnessed something magical and I actually viewed certain aspects of my life differently and had a renewed belief in myself. She definitely belongs in a church as she has the power to touch people!!

Mehn on Friday after I arrived at work I went straight to the bathroom to wash my hands. This is a ritual for me, especially if I have had to ‘hang tough’ on the tube the tube is just too nasty for my liking. I took a look in the mirror and was mortified, I was racking my head trying to remember how this had happened then it hit me I cringed and tried to think of a way to remedy the situation. I was basically applying my foundation in the morning and my phone rang mid way through my application. By the time I had finished on the phone I must have forgot what I was doing, put on my earrings and shoes and headed to work. Now a few things were running through my head, how many people saw me on my way to work??? Why didn’t any one point out that one half of my face was yellow and the other brown???? How many people were catching jokes at my expense??? As I don’t usually wear makeup during the week it came as no surprise that when I reached into my bag there was no foundation in it. The whole reason why I wanted to wear make up in the first place was because I got very little sleep as I got in late and never went straight to sleep. Resulting in the panda bear effect, the only option that I had was to wash my face. I spent the rest of the day being told that looked tired. Lesson learnt is to not turn my phone on until I get to work!
On a happier note my cousin had a baby boi Joel, congrats cuz although he will not be reading this anytime soon……………..

No comments:

Post a Comment