Thursday 16 April 2009

Love on the Train

On my way to work this morning as usual, I have a few options but they all include at least 2 trains and some walking. Today I took my typical route, DLR, Jubilee line and the Victoria line. I was sat on the jubilee line near the door there was a lady sat opposite me. When our eyes met she smiled, this is kinda unusual in London as most people walk around with screw faces. The train was not as packed as it usually is; I guess that people are still on their Easter holidays or looking after their kids on their Easter break from school.

The train doors opened at London bridge a couple got on. The couple looked like they were really into each other. They settled on one of those glass rests, the man’s back was facing away from the rest of the carriage. They were kissing off each others faces kinda annoying but who am I to hate. I noticed that the cheery look on the lady sat opposite me disappear, she looked quite upset. She was staring hard at the couple. A few thoughts crossed my mind. Had she just suffered a break up? Was she was reminiscing on a current or past love, or was just she plain and simply jealous. She was pretty enough so I could not imagine her being jealous. But stranger things have happened. Being pretty does not equate to being guaranteed a boyfriend.

Two stops later we are at waterloo, the doors close the man peels himself off his partner and turns around. He sees the chick sitting opposite me and the colour literally drained from his face. I smile to myself thinking that this is gonna get interesting. The gal opposite me gets up and taps his partner on her shoulder, I smile. “Excuse me” she says, “can you please ask that man, yes the one that you were kissing, to come by mine later and collect his belongings that have been accumulating in my property over the last 6 months? Can you also ask him to post my key through the letter box when he has finished. He has until 8pm tonight else I will give his stuff to charity”. The man sequels “baby I don’t know her she is mad”, his partner who turns out to be his wife typically believes him calls the gal a liar. I am almost wetting myself, the train door opens at Westminster, the chick that was sat opposite me gets off not before saying “he has a birth mark on his inner thigh” the man gets paler the wife’s face turns red as the realisation of her husbands affair hits her, she bursts into tears and says something along the lines of how could you do that to me, 6 years, 6 years. The carriage goes quiet waiting for the next drama to unfold, next stop was green park, my stop I was so angry, I reluctantly left the train, as I was walking I was wondering what could be unfolding as I heading up the escalator. How unlucky was that guy!?! What are the chances of you having an affair and getting caught out on the bloody tube!!

Other than the one day of sunshine nothing much as been happening, just depressed Liverpool supports everywhere…….. Its funny how sports can put people in all sorts of moods, but that is another entry….

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!!
    It's just like a drama...LOL

    Anyway, I forgot to tell u that I started blogging
    http://poyupoyu.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. WTF? why did you get off the train.. fuck work, I woulda stayed on and followed them forever LOL

    ReplyDelete