Sunday 12 April 2009

Getting Back into My Routine

The weather last weekend was lovely did not really do much, being outdoors in the warm weather is enough to put a smile on my face. I always ask myself how I ended up on an island without out any warm weather or should I say 3 non existent months of summer.

I just missed out on the Japanese festival where you chill in the park drinking alcohol watching the blossom drop. I may not be Japanese or still be in Japan but I am sure that I can organise a similar get together in London. Its currently spring and all the tress are full of blossom. Only thing is I don’t know how to predict when the blossom will fall. In my head I feel like none of that is relevant, British people have never needed an excuse to drink. I am sure that I can round up a few heads via FB and see how it goes. The only problem will now be trying to second guess the British weather to set a date, because surprise surprise this weekend has been miserable.

This week has been a weird one, I applied fro a job on Tuesday (day after I got back) got an interview the following Tuesday and a job offer on the Thursday. I never expected it to be so quick after coming back from my holiday. I should be elated but once the interview was over I knew that, that was no place that I could work. When the holiday is over I will let them no that I am not taking the job. Besides they were only offering 1.5k more than what I am on already. I do want to leave my current post but I am not desperate which means I have the advantage of sitting tight until I find something that I truly want to do. Wouldn’t it be great if the job being advertised actually matched the job spec that you are provided with.

I got some bad news on Thursday, one of my best friends lost her baby :( she had a little boy. It really hit me as I was so looking forward to meeting the little man. I pray that he rests in peace and that my Gal bounces back stronger than ever.

Saturday I returned to boxing, I have not trained for 4 weeks so I knew it would be hard, one of my friends came to watch. Mehn, Simone worked us hard, at one point my face went red and thought that I could not breathe, in my head I thought this shit was easy the last time I did it. Once I got through the training I felt better for it. I need to work on my speedball technique, my pad work, bag work and sparing are improving. I am finding it hard to master the speedball, I guess I need to get to training earlier to try and make the speedball my friend. Word of advice don’t take any time out of you exercise schedule as its twice as hard to get back into it. All the walking around that I did on my hols probably only helped me get through the warm up!

As its Easter I am going to stop writing and appreciate the fact that there is no work tomorrow and make the most of the day. I also need to hunt for food which will be hard as no where is open today except for the fast food joints; not a massive fan of kfc, mcd’s and such places, I prefer to cook. I should have really stopped at the supermarket yesterday when I had the chance.

3 comments:

  1. Boxing sounds really fun^^
    I wanna start going to gym again..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trust me it is fun and hard work which means that you get results.

    When are you thinking of starting?

    ReplyDelete