Sunday 5 April 2009

Final Days

Been late with my posts, my body was a little traumatised trying to synch back up to British time and having to cope with going back to work.

Saturday was a blast; we went to Kamakura, which is around 1 hour away from Tokyo on the train. When we arrived the street was crazy, jam packed with people. We went to a temple, the temple was huge, and you could see mountains and the surroundings were really green. There was a wedding taking place when we arrived. The bride was all in white; however her dress was not the usual type that we are used to in the western world. She was wearing a kimono, and instead of a veil she had a hat resembling a cone on her head. She looked quite cool. On our way out of the temple we saw another bride; she was slightly older and was posing for photos. For me there would have been way too many spectators for my big day, but I guess for them it must have been a privilege to be married at such a beautiful temple.

We walked for 20 minutes to reach our next destination, it was a bamboo forest, the trees were so beautiful, never realised how tall bamboo tress were, although the sun was out it was really dark as the leaves blocked out the sun. When we arrived I was desperate for the loo, we found some I pushed the first door open and to my horror it was a pit! So were the next 4 doors that I pushed. I started dancing on the spot as I could not bring myself to use one as the notion of a hole in the floor is foreign to me…. Luckily the last door swung open and it was a western toilet.

We next visited the Buddha, we had to take the train to get there. The statue was magnificent it was so big. It made me wonder how people in the past were able to construct such a thing without any of the machinery that we have at our disposal today. After taking some snaps we left I was a little disappointed that there was not more in the area to see.

We headed back to Chikatetsu-akatsuka where my bro lives, we got dinner from the meat joint. They basically bring out cuts of raw meat and you cook it yourself. The flame grill that they brought out went nuts and there were flames everywhere. I started acting like a dumb chick and was running as I was afraid that my extensions will catch fire. As you know they are quite flammable: D.

The party destination tonight was Shibuya, after the madness that I saw the previous weekend () I decided to brace myself for the worst. We met Aya and Joe and headed to a club called pure. The club was great, I had so much fun!!! The bashment was live the people were cool and it was drink all you like!!!! We left the club, headed to mc D’s then went home. Like the previous week Joe remained behind.

Sunday was my final supper we went to an uden place in Roppongi, we met Aya, Z (a guy we met on the train on Friday) and Z’s friend James caught up with us. The food was not that great, it tasted like wagamama’s a Japanese chain in the UK. But as usual the company was great. For dessert we went to stone cold, an American ice cream joint. You basically tell them the flavour that you want and they make it up in front of you. I visited a branch in Maryland so I knew that it would taste great. I left a tip and the staff burst into song, it was one of the funniest things I saw out there.

I have now been back in London for 6 days, my body has only just adjusted. I went through periods of I wanting to sleep whilst at work, red bull became my best friend and when I got home I was so charged that I could not sleep. When I finally drifted I was up at 4am starving!!!! Anyway I am glad that everything appears to have regulated itself now.

3 comments:

  1. Redbull...LOL

    I miss u already!!
    Next time, i should visit u with Ade^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss you too hun, I am sure that we will see each other soon. until then there is msn, FB and the blog to maintain contact. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you had a good time.
    Remember you can always speak to Gordon if you need to reminisce about the land of the rising sun :P

    ReplyDelete