Saturday 28 March 2009

Round Up

The past few days since my last entry, I have been doing some more sight seeing, with my bro’s people. On Wednesday I met Darren his wife and their beautiful baby Isaac. It is funny how I was so drawn to the kid. When my bro told me that I will be spending the day with a kid I was like ‘you want me to walk road with sum shitty kid’ don’t get it twisted I like kids its just that as I had never met the couple before I did not know if their kid was some brat or a delightful cutie. He was most certainly the latter. He was cute, a pleasure to be with and very well behaved. If he was out of nappies (I hate changing nappies) he is the kind of kid that I do not mind baby sitting.

We spent the day shopping in Shimokitazawa the was quite subdue for Tokyo it was more like an old town. There was none of the bright lights or billboards that are found in the cities. Darren is a nice chap, he used to live in north London, I filled him in on what London is saying, what has changed and what is still the same. His wifey Miyako initially told me that her English was not very good, but to me it was fine we were still able to communicate. We had lunch, browsed some shops, I picked up a few bits and met some of Darren’s mates who owned their own shops. We then headed to Shibuya for some more shopping; I wanted to buy a pressie for my bro but could not remember the name of the store that I saw the gift in. whilst wondering around I saw some steps and had a flash back of the stairs that I tripped on a few days back, it was the entrance to the loft, I don’t thing that I will be forgetting the name of that store any time soon!! After we finished shopping we went to get some refreshments and waited for my bro. Darren and his family went home, we linked Aya. Went for dinner then headed to an arcade.

Aya and I went shopping in Ginza on Thursday. Ginza is full of high end shops so we were basically window shopping as I mentioned before that I was limited to accessories, in shoes the biggest size that I came across until I found a Topshop was a 5.5 and clothes I have not even bothered with as I have only seen 3 – 4 people over a size 12!!! We went to a fish bar and had some sexi sushi for lunch. We brought some hair accessories and make up then chilled and went to starbucks to have some coffee and cookies. We linked my bro and went to an Italian joint for some dinner. The restaurant was located in Omote Sando the food was much better than I anticipated and worth the wait.

Friday my bro had a half day, I met him at work and we had lunch at a chicken joint. Not chicken and chips!!!!! We then went to the Tokyo dome, it is basically a fairground in the middle of the city, and the roller coaster goes through a building……… Friday was a little chilly but the rides were worth the wait. I think that I have become old I was screaming on the rollercoaster and was only brave enough to put one hand up which came down as quickly as it went up. I remember the days that I used to look forward to going on rides that scared the shit out of me!!! Need to do something about it before I have my kids, don’t wanna be one of those looser mums that stand on the side waving with fear in their eyes.

We went to an arcade and were playing on a slot machine, I basically won what I put in, I asked my bro to cash my chips. Can you imagine that we were told that the chips do not get converted into cash…. Gambling in Japan is illegal so people pay money for the thrill of winning but they do not actually get a prize. That is not really something that I can grasp!!!

Later that evening Ruben came round, I was beginning to think that he was a urban legend…. Everyone spoke about him, I heard his name daily but he was never seen, well by me any way. We decided not to go into town to eat so we stayed local. We grabbed some take out and came home, my bro had an early night, he has been tired as all month he has been entertaining people from London! Saturday and Sunday is gonna be nuts so I guess that he wanted his beauty sleep.

This weekend should be the dog’s bollocks. We are going to leave Tokyo and go sight seeing in Kamakura. Then we will be back for dinner and then a group of us should be hitting Shibuya to rave at an all you can drink club, bring it on Joe :P Sunday I will be shopping if I get up in time then my leaving dinner :D will let you know how it all goes. This will probably not be until Wednesday or Thursday as I will have to readjust to the time difference when I get back home.

2 comments:

  1. Lol! I AM an Urban legend, didn't you know!
    Hope you had a great time in TYO and got home safe & sound! Peace

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a fab time, thanks for your cameo. Hopefully next time I come you will be more available.

    ReplyDelete