Tuesday 24 March 2009

Silly Me :D

Go to the station and I will catch you up, my bro’s words to me. After 5 mins I thought to myself I don’t remember the station being this far….. I looked around and saw an entrance across the road. I crossed, in my head I was thinking that we have never crossed the road to reach the station before. I went down the stairs, sure enough it was the right station chikatestu but my bro was no where to be seen. I spoke to the attendant, I asked him if there was another ticket office he stared at me blankly I said arri gateaux bye bye (thank you, not the correct spelling but its how I pronounce it the actual spelling is arigatou) he smiled and bowed they appreciate you trying to speak their language. I went back upstairs; I made my way back home luckily I saw him outside the 100 yen shop after a ticking off we made our way to meet Aya. The night was cool, once again the food was lush but in comparison to my time here so far it was pretty uneventful. Every one was still tired from Saturday night’s antics. If it was not Aya’s actual birthday I would have stayed home.



Yesterday I had a girly day out with Aya, I got the train on my own and met her in Meiji-Jingumae. First we hit a temple, there seem to be one in every town. This seemed more traditional than the one in Ueno. It was so clean, there were fewer people and the surroundings were beautiful. We went through the usual rituals before you enter the temple (explained in the second paragraph) we took some photos and left, the walk to the entrance was so far that we did not want to go any deeper. We went shopping I brought so many accessories, they have so many pretty things. The pricing system is like in America the tag says one thing when you reach the till they add tax, so the price that you took time to work out is no longer relevant!!! We had lunch, which was the worst thing that I had since I arrived here it was some sort of spaghetti….. Neither of us finished our food. Adjacent to the lunch spot was a crepe (pancake) shop anyone who knows me will know how much I like any thing with chocolate. So my crepe was filled with chocolate, chocolate cheesecake and banana, Aya had a brownie instead of a cheese cake. We walked to Shibuya I think any other day I would have complained about walking anywhere that takes longer than 20 minutes in heels. I guess I was so occupied with the crepe I did not realise how far we had walked.

When we got to Shibuya we continued our shopping venture, Aya showed me all the spots to pick up a bargain. We later went to get a manicure I am still reaping the benefits of the hand massage: D. we made our way to Ikebukuro to meet my bro I tripped down a couple of steps like a mug, who told me to profile in shoes when I knew how much walking we do we would be doing. Luckily a lady stopped me from falling and I did not cause any further stress to my ankle. We ended up at a centre called sunshine city we had a reservation at one of the sky restaurants. This was supposed to be Aya's real birthday dinner but they were fully booked on Sunday. The restaurant lunched on the 18th of March, the following article will gist you on how that evening went http://mispentlife.blogspot.com/2009/03/sky-restaurants.html if you are ever in Tokyo it’s a must that you reach this joint and also take purikuras like the one attached, its so much fun……..






No comments:

Post a Comment