Sunday 22 March 2009

AD's Friends

Been mad busy so much to see and do!! I have seen and done so much since the last time I posted.

Friday’s weather started off wet, we strolled in the rain to get some breakfast round the corner from my bro’s crib. I had a beef bowl that consisted of rice and beef with misto soup, my chopstick usage was on point (yea yea) Rice for breakfast you maybe thinking, but as they say, when in Rome….. We then went to Ueno park the sun was shining and it was hot. We met one of my bro’s friends Marilyn an American chick teaching English. It was nice to be in the company of some one else who spoke fluent English; all the high pitched voices were starting to get me. Marilyn was giving me too much joke about her experiences of being a foreigner in Japan. Ueno park is home to a load of museums, a zoo and some beautiful grounds. The museum was cool not something I would usually do but it was interesting. We learnt about buddhism, there were some cool statues, swords and picture books. We watched a guy juggle, I was kind of pissed as apparently where the dude was there are usually performing monkeys which I would have found more interesting than the man.

Part of the afternoon made me reflect on certain things such as how people back home are ‘lucky’. There was a big group of people congregated in the park they lost their jobs in the recession. As a result they now have to live in the park. I Also discovered that the perception of London has some what changed since I first travelled abroad when I was 18. back then people were surprised that there were black people in London, and I had not had tea with the queen in Buckingham palace. Now London is viewed as a dangerous no go area, Marilyn’s friend is a teacher, she happened to work in a school in east London, due to her experience with violent kids who did not want to learn or show any respect she had decided that London is a no go area. Especially now that almost every week end kids are ending each others lives!!! These kids need to fix up and stop giving tarnishing London’s reputation.

Were later went to 0101 which is like your house of Frazier or debenhams, they had lots of pretty shoes. Before I went out there I kind of figured that shoes and clothes will not be available to me, and this was confirmed when I spotted some shoes and found that the biggest size that they stocked was a 24 to me and you a size 5.5…. I did not even bother with the clothes as I don’t think I have seen a chick over a size 12 yet!!!

We later parted from Marilyn and went to Shinjuku whilst here we went to the arcade, Mario kart all the way. When it was 1 game all we had to bounce for dinner. For dinner we met Meo and Joe for dinner. Meo used to live in London and Joe is from California. We went to some old school Japanese restaurant where you take your shoes off, sat on the floor and that served your food in a tapas sort of way, a little bit of everything. I sampled some Japanese alcohol Calpis tasted like watery milk and denki brown tasted like a mix between brandy and whisky don’t think that I will be in a hurry to drink either again. Meo is cool loud and bubbly not like your typical Japanese girl. Joe, what can I say the dude makes me laugh such a cool guy he is studying over here (2hours a day) and he spends the rest of his time trying to figure out what life is all about, good luck on that one bro.

No comments:

Post a Comment